rear clunking!!

Questions and answers on steering, suspension, bush replacement, wheels, tyres and much more

Moderator: The ///Moderating Team

beemer96boy

rear clunking!!

Post by beemer96boy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:31 am

my loon has developed a clunking when on bad roads or hitting bumps in road, coming from rear offside. i changed the top mount last weekend(which was a doddle-30 mins) still no better. i'm led to believe it could be the RTA bushes, have looked in FAQ guide which is helpfull, does anyone have a pictorial account of changing them, and is there any visible way of telling if they have gone? don't want to keep taking car apart for wrong reasons! and what place do you use to put the car on stands---is it the jacking points? any help would be appreciated with this annoying problem. :cry: :cry: cheers all
E36 318i Saloon- Hellrot Red, TSW 17's,M3 Indi-mirrors, full angel eyes upgrade, ACS interior bits and bobs

DaRiddle211

Post by DaRiddle211 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:30 pm

i had this problem, as well, and it was my brushes that need doing, only got bout £70 roughly for the bushes, then can't remember bout fitting.

Krish
Drives: 328i

Re: rear clunking!!

Post by Krish » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Try this link:

http://www.bimmerdiy.com/diy/e36rtab/

I would get the Powerflex RTABS purely because it's much easier to put back in. No need to have a special tool (or make one).

It's a real pain getting the old bush out. Good luck

Krish